Pet Portraits from Your Photos
Tips on the photo you send:
- Please send your photo/s as soon as possible as any delay may result in it taking longer for you to receive the finished portrait.
- The photo you send needs to be a close-up and in very good focus (preferably with a plain background that is of a contrasting colour from that of the pet i.e. if your pet is white, use a darker background; if your pet is black, use a lighter background).
- Good lighting with no hard shadows covering the face.
- The whole of the pet head/shoulders needs to be within the photo (no bits out of the frame – like the tips of the ears or nose!)
- It is best to send a few different photos so that I can get a better overall idea of the colour and character of your pet.
- Be sure to state which photo you want me to use for the portrait.
- As you probably know, there is always the possibility that the colours will be slightly different from what your pet looks like in real life; this is mainly due to monitor settings. So please be aware and willing to accept that despite my best efforts to get a perfect match, there may be some slight differences. A great way to get the best colour match is for you to get your photo printed as a hard copy and mail it to me for reference.
- If the photo/s you send me are unsuitable for any reason, I will contact you to let you know. If you are unable to send a suitable photo, I will refund you.
How long will it take?
Please allow two weeks - It can take up to a couple of weeks for me to complete a portrait and to let it dry - a lot depends on how many orders I have ahead of yours.
If you need it by a certain date, please let me know and I will do my best to meet your deadline, but please be realistic (you won’t get it the next day - or the day after that!)
Once I have finished the painting I will send you a photograph of the portrait for you to approve. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are happy with the painting - I will then ship it out to you.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
The shipping costs listed are for 2nd Class Royal Mail in the UK.
If you want the item shipped overseas, please let me know so that I can calculate the costs.
Returns and refunds
I’m sorry but I will not be able to give a refund or accept a return once you have approved the painting. However, I will issue a refund if your painting is damaged in transit (please provide photographic evidence of the damage). See the Returns Policy for further details.
Important Copyright information
What you are buying is an original hand-painted portrait. As the artist, I reserve the copyright of the painting (and digital copies that painting) which I may use to create prints, greeting cards and other items.